Wednesday 20 January 2010

Day Two: Nu-Goth Fashion Illustration



I was up until 2 AM this morning designing lots of things and doing some sketches, this is my favourite one. The focus was to be on the garment, so i do apologize for the disproportionate face. Also I stupidly drew the face too high up. The idea i got for the head piece well it originally started off as a pair of lips which then turned into some sort of neck brace, then i decided to make some sort of hood from it and earlier on I was watching the music video for The Nobodies (by Marilyn Manson) and in a scene he has theese long spindly branch-like fingers and i thought it would be a good idea to extend the head into theese branches to show a tree slowly dying, with bare twisted branches. to get this rough and ready effect i thought it would be a great idea to stick to something simple like a biro to give them rough, edgy lines. I added a little raven like bird onto the "Model's" shoulder too show a darker side because black birds are often a omen that something bad is going to happen, thats if your superstitious of course.

On a kind of unrelated note I would just like to say how much I'm loving Klaus Nomi at the moment, he's really inspiring me at the moment, too bad he's still not around, he was amazing. check out some of his songs on youtube, here's the link too one of my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNahvGXVWl0&feature=related
Enjoy. -BL

2 comments:

  1. You can read my Klaus Nomi story here:

    http://madelinex.blogspot.com/2008/09/klaus-nomi-riding-new-wav.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it just before updating my blog, I would like to say a BIG THANKS for giving me an insight into an amazing person like himself! i wish i had the chance to meet such an amazing person such as himself, he seemed so genuinely nice! and that shop, Fiorucci, sounds like my heaven! again I would like to thank you SO much! much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete