Wednesday 10 March 2010

Lady GaGa Newcastle Metro Radio Arena - 4th March 2010.





That night was one of the best nights of my life. We got just in time to hear the last couple of songs from the first support act, semi-precious weapons. They where ok, but I wasn't really familiar with them. 20 minutes later Alphabeat (first picture) started playing, being a bit of a fan I knew all the songs that they played. I was amazed at how good they were live and they played all of my favorite songs. It definitely put me in the mood for GaGa. After 40 minutes of Michael Jackson the intro to GaGa's dancing in the dark started, it was electrifying, everyone roared with excitement. A huge silhouette on a white sheet were seen of GaGa posing to the beat of the music, (picture 2), I was blown away. I couldn't believe it was happening. It was one of the most surreal moments in my life. She was everything I expected and more. She had amazing crowd interaction, she played nearly every song of both albums, to perfection I may add. Her set was fantastic, she pulled out all the stops, 3 storied industrial buildings, a car with a piano in the bonnet, a piano with a blaze of fire changing shape every second, an overgrown spindly forest, a fountain leaking blood and then setting ablaze. the theme of "The Monster Ball" was loosely based on the wizard of oz, following a glitter path, a dark dense forest after landing from a twister, which was represented amazing light show which was falling and spinning from the sky above, in the twister she changed into a dress that appeared to come alive! She managed to change about 11 or 12 times at least though the 2 hour show. her outfits ranged from a latex nun-esque look, leather studded underwear and a silver spaceman suit complete with rotating orbit. Near the end of the night when she was close to finding "The Monster Ball" she was singing paparazzi to then turn around and find a 40 foot monster with tentacles, long sharp fangs and bulbous eyes. Everything done through out the night was amazing and she surprised me so many times, this is an understatement to say it was amazing, but I just can't put it in words. It was GaGa. -BL

No comments:

Post a Comment