Tuesday 2 February 2010

Day 12: Technology Dependancy



Firstly, I don't think its finished, I think i might just do another one from scratch rather than ruin this one. Anyways this piece of work actually has a purpose, (kinda), rather than just for pleasure. Its a statement on how much of a society we over-use technology and its starting to become an addiction for people. I wanted to show how much we are changing due to are dependance of technology, firstly I wanted to keep the piece very basic and as humanoid like as possible, for example the circuit board prints around the mouth copy the style in which a human skulls teeth are set out. The eyes were left blank to show the numbness and lack of control people have over their addiction. The main inspiration I got for the piece was from looking at tribal masks to see how they where carved into to show exaggerated features and the painting style I used was different to my usual style and one I was trying out the other day on a different piece of work (which will hopefully be up on thursday or friday). Hopefully you like it, I enjoyed putting the time in effort with it, which payed off and I like it myself. Thanks. -BL

No comments:

Post a Comment